We spent many hours on research to finding delorme gps laptop receiver, reading product features, product specifications for this guide. For those of you who wish to the best delorme gps laptop receiver, you should not miss this article. delorme gps laptop receiver coming in a variety of types but also different price range. The following is the top 5 delorme gps laptop receiver by our suggestions
699 reviews analysed
1. GlobalSat BU-353-S4-5Hz USB GPS Receiver (Black)
- Highly Sensitive : Water Resistant IPX7
- 48 Channel All-In-View-Tracking
- Built in Magnet Mount
- 15ft USB Cable
- Suitable for use in Vehicle, Marine and Aviation navigation, as well as commercial and municipality application such as fire trucks, police cars, buses, GIS data collection and much more!
BU-353-S4-5Hz is a WAAS enabled USB GPS receiver that features a highly sensitive, low power consumption chipset in a ultra compact form factor. The BU-353-S4-5Hz is powered by a SiRF Star IV GPS chipset, and will provide you with superior performance in urban canyons, and in dense foliage. With the SiRF CGEE (Client Generated Extended Ephemeris) technology, has the capability of predicting satellite positions for up to 3 days in advance, and will deliver a CGEE-start time of less than 15 seconds under most conditions without any network assistance. The BU-353-S4-5Hz’s Micro Power mode allows the receiver to stay in a hot start-like condition almost continuously while consuming very little power. Supports NMEA 0183 V3.0 (GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC) The BU-353-S4-5Hz outputs NMEA data 5 times a second (5Hz). The baud rate is 115200. Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OSX, Linux & Android. Requires NMEA compliant Navigation software (not included).
2. DeLorme Earthmate PN-20 Waterproof Hiking GPS
- An All-in-One Handheld GPS Solution from DeLorme
- High-resolution 2.2 TFT color screen for total clarity under a variety of lighting conditions
- Fast acquisition times, outstanding signal retention
- Holds up to 10 tracks (10,000 points per track), 1,000 user-defined waypoints, and 50 routes
- Pre-loaded worldwide highway/major road base map
Ideal Gps Solution For In-Vehicle Navigation, Hiking, Camping, Geocaching, Fishing, Hunting, Boating, Professional Applications, Such As Civil Engineering, Surveying, Gis-Related Data Collection, Emergency Operations & Morehigh-Resolution 2.2″ Tft Color Display200 X 176 Pixelshigh-Sensitivity 12-Parallel Channel Handheld Gps Receivernmea-Compliantwaas-Enabled75 Mb Internal Flash Memory For User-Uploaded Mapsup-To-Date Topographic Mapsnoaa Nautical Charts4 Types Of Aerial Imagerysecure Digital Card(Tm) Slotwaterproof To Ipx7 Standardsrugged, Impact-Resistant Rubberized Caseincludes 2 Aa Batteries & Travel Power Kit5.25″H X 2.43″W X 1.5″D5.12 Oz
Amazon.com DeLorme, famous for its topographic and street map detail, has created a GPS receiver to enable anyone to use a wide variety of detailed maps and aerial imagery for all outdoors activities. The Earthmate GPS PN-20 is a low-cost, high-sensitivity, fully integrated handheld GPS that delivers capabilities previously unavailable at any price.
DeLorme maps and imagery on a handheld GPS
GPS for wherever you go. On Trail…. On Road… On Water….
An All-in-One Handheld GPS Solution from DeLorme
Includes Topo USA 8.0 DVD mapping software with full U.S. topographic and street maps, plus aerial imagery
- NMEA-compliant 12-channel receiver
- Fast acquisition times, outstanding signal retention
- High-resolution 2.2″ TFT color screen for total clarity under a variety of lighting conditions
- 75 MB of user-available internal flash memory
- SD card slot for up to 2 GB additional memory
- Holds up to 10 tracks (10,000 points per track), 1,000 user-defined waypoints, and 50 routes
- Aerial imagery available for free download
- Pre-loaded worldwide highway/major road base map
- Waterproof to IPX-7 standard
- Impact-resistant rubberized housing
- On-device road routing
- Runs on 2 AA batteries (included) or available lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Device dimensions: 2.43″ W x 5.25″ H x 1.5″ D
- Weight 5.12 oz.
Why the All-in-One PN-20 Handheld?
No extra maps to buy. Includes DeLorme Topo USA 8.0 DVD software with full, updated U.S. topographic & street maps to export as needed to your PN-20. Also includes an on-device highway-level world base map.
FREE Aerial Imagery Downloads
Includes $100 worth (400 sq. km) of DeLorme Aerial Data Packets of your U.S. areas of interest. Download Aerial Data Packets containing black & white aerial imagery (DOQQs), Sat-10 colorized satellite imagery, and scanned USGS 7.5-minute quads using Topo USA’s NetLink tab.
Multiple Views of the Same GPS Location
On-device data layering lets you select which map or imagery type to see of your GPS location. Switch among data types to gain a comprehensive view of where you are–it’s revolutionary and provides a whole new level of geographic detail.
Bright Color Screen
Works in bright sunlight to total darkness. Sharp brand screen featuring the latest transflective screen technologies to maximize visibility under a variety of lighting conditions.
Rugged and Waterproof
Conforms to IPX-7 waterproof standard with impact-resistant rubberized housing for a solid grip. Concealed battery compartment with SD card slot. Includes two AA batteries.
Features STMicroelectronics chipset with SiGE RF front-end and DeLorme firmware for outstanding signal acquisition and retention. Works equally well under dense foliage or in-vehicle.
Easy Exchange of Maps, Tracks, and Waypoints
Exchange pre-cut multi-state routable regions between Topo USA on the desktop to the GPS, or select only the specific, customized areas you want–topographic maps and imagery. Exchange routes, tracks, and waypoints between the GPS and Topo USA (two-way transfers).
Extensive On-Device Memory
75MB of internal flash memory available in addition to the preloaded world base map. Holds up to ten tracks (10,000 points per track); 1,000 user-defined waypoints; and 50 routes. SD slot also available.
Powerful Topographic Software Included
The included Topo USA PN-20 software is loaded with additional capabilities for use on a desktop PC. Create automatic road and trail routes, elevation profiles, and realistic 3-D flyovers. No extra charge to you–a $99.95 retail value by itself!
A Powerful Partnership
Earthmate GPS PN-20 and Topo USA
The Earthmate GPS PN-20 with included Topo USA 8.0 DVD software provides a complete two-way map data, waypoint, and track log transfer capability:
It’s a powerful way to create and save detailed GPS-accurate maps for use on the desktop software and on the GPS.
- Prepare exactly the maps and imagery you want on the desktop, including waypoints, tracks, and automatically generated routes, and then transfer to the Earthmate GPS PN-20
- Once you’ve been in the field or in-vehicle with the Earthmate GPS, transfer your new and updated waypoints and track logs back to the Topo USA desktop software and edit and save within your map files
Topo USA/Earthmate PN-20 Map Exchange Overview
DeLorme has pre-cut U.S. multi-state regions within the included Topo USA software. This allows you to update the world base map on the GPS with more detailed routable U.S. highway and major roads for your region(s) of interest. This design maximizes user-available, on-device internal memory for even more detailed topographic maps and imagery you cut from Topo USA of your precise areas of interest. The Eastern 1(A) multi-state region, as an example, requires 12 MB, with a total of 75 MB available on the device. These precut regions are located in the left window of the Handheld Exchange dialog, which is also where your map packages, waypoints, and tracks will be stored once created. (Note: you can store up to 2 GB of data on an SD card. The SD card slot is located within the battery compartment, beneath the batteries.)
The PN-20–Topo USA 8.0 System comes with:
Street and Topographical Maps
Aerial Data Packet (ADP) Downloads–400 sq. km FREE!
Comprised of the three layers for a chosen area.
3. DeLorme AG-008373-201 inReach Two-Way Satellite Communicator for Android OS
- Assured 2-way satellite communication in remote or high-risk environments, anywhere in the world.
- The highly versatile inReach does not require any companion hardware.
- Ninety percent of the earth’s surface has no phone service of any kind, and one-way satellite messengers also have coverage gaps.
The DeLorme inReach for Android Smartphones is a one-of-a-kind communication lifeline that always keeps you inReach with exclusive two-way text messaging, delivery confirmation, and interactive SOS, plus remote tracking. It provides guaranteed 2-way satellite communication in remote or high-risk environments, anywhere in the world. Stay in touch with home, office, or colleagues in the field, and get help if you need it, in all the places where cell phones and one-way satellite messengers can’t get a signal. The highly versatile inReach does not require any companion hardware. By itself, it can send pre-loaded text messages and SOS alerts (with delivery confirmation), and enable remote tracking, all via pushbutton. When you add an Android smartphone or tablet, you enable the inReach’s exclusive 2-way satellite messaging. With inReach, you can do much more than press an SOS alert. Even in standalone mode, you have the ability to let dispatchers know you’re conscious and have received their message. If you’ve paired your inReach with an Android, you can send descriptive text messages so responders come properly prepared. If your situation changes, you can send updates to the emergency dispatchers. No more “press and pray” You’ll never have to wonder if your message was received. The inReach will confirm delivery of any text or SOS messages via flashing LED. It makes no difference whether the messages were sent by a standalone inReach, or an inReach paired with an Android. The inReach is a ruggedized, waterproof communication lifeline for outdoors enthusiasts, expeditioners, or anyone working in remote locations. It’s extremely well-suited for military applications and NGOs working in foreign lands, or involved in disaster relief. It is also ideal for on and off-road travel, and small plane and glider aviation. Iridium satellite service is delivered via a subscription plans: Safety Plan – $9.95 per month/Recreation Plan – $24.95 per month /Pro Plan – $49.95 per month
From the Manufacturer
Exclusive Two-Way Satellite Messaging in Remote or High-Risk Environments, Anywhere in the World
Stay in touch with home, office, or colleagues in the field, and get help if you need it, in all the places where cell phones and one-way satellite messengers can’t find a signal.
This one-of-a-kind communication lifeline keeps you always inReach with exclusive two-way text messaging, delivery confirmation, and interactive SOS, plus remote tracking.
Pair the inReach with an Android Smartphone for two-way satellite messaging
Use it by itself or with an Android Smartphone
The highly versatile inReach does not require any companion hardware. By itself, it can send pre-loaded text messages and SOS alerts (with delivery confirmation) and enable remote tracking, all via pushbutton. When you add an Android smartphone, you enable the inReach’s exclusive 2-way satellite messaging.
Pair the inReach with your Android phone via Bluetooth, and you can send and receive messages up to 160 characters to and from email contacts, cell phones, and emergency dispatchers. You can also post to Facebook and Twitter.
Message Delivery Confirmation
You’ll never have to wonder if your message was received. The inReach will confirm delivery of any text or SOS messages. It makes no difference whether the messages were sent by a standalone inReach or an inReach paired with an Android phone.
Android home screen when paired with inReach
You can designate anyone you choose to follow your travels online. Your latest position and "breadcrumb" trail are displayed, with position updates at user-selected intervals between 10 minutes and four hours.
Remote tracking is overlaid on DeLorme Topo North America maps displayed online.
With inReach, you can do much more than press an SOS alert. Even in standalone mode, you have the ability to let dispatchers know you’re conscious and have received their message.
If you’ve paired your inReach with an Android phone, you can send descriptive text messages so responders come properly prepared. If your situation changes, you can send updates to the emergency dispatchers.
The Ideal "Off the Grid" Solution
Ninety percent of the Earth’s surface has no phone service of any kind, and one-way satellite messengers also have coverage gaps.
These "off the grid," often high-risk environments are exactly the kind of place where you need reliable two-way communication, sharing anything from simple "I’m okay" check-in messages to time-sensitive field reports, and emergency SOS messages.
With inReach, you can go with confidence wherever your adventures or professional duties take you-always connected, always inReach.
No Other Device Lets You Do All This
- Connect wirelessly with Android phones
- Send and receive text messages
– Up to 160 characters
– To and from email contacts and cell phones
– With your GPS position embedded in all sent messages
– Message recipients are not restricted to inReach address book contacts
- Post messages to Facebook and Twitter
- Communicate directly with other inReach users to share information and locations
- Stay satellite-connected worldwide
– On land or water
– From the North Pole to Antarctica
- Know when your messages have been received
- Send pre-loaded text messages for anticipated situations
- Enable remote tracking by anyone you choose via detailed DeLorme Topo North America maps displayed online
Emergency Assistance with Interactive SOS
- SOS messages automatically trigger remote tracking
- Text message SOS alerts
– Describe your emergency so rescuers can come properly prepared
– Receive text confirmation from GEOS response center that your message has been received and rescuers have been notified
- Pushbutton SOS alerts
– Message confirmation indicates GEOS dispatcher has received your alert and notified rescuers
– You can send a follow-up pushbutton alert to indicate you’re conscious
– Button lock prevents false alarms
– Complies with RTCM SC-128 for SENDS
– Supports one-handed gloved operation
– Intended SOS messages can easily be cancelled if warranted
As a Standalone Device, inReach is a Multi-Purpose GPS Communicator
- No companion phone required
- Pushbutton interface enables
– Sending pre-loaded text messages with delivery confirmation
– Enabling remote tracking
– Triggering SOS alerts
- Even if you plan to use inReach with an Android phone, it can still keep you connected if your companion device is lost, damaged, or loses battery power
Pair the inReach with an Android Smartphone
- Connect via Bluetooth
- To enable functionality, get the free DeLorme Earthmate application from Android Marketplace
- Navigate with confidence, with DeLorme Topo North America maps, downloadable at no charge
– Full U.S. and Canada coverage
– Superior terrain, back road, and U.S. trail detail, plus places of interest
– Maps are downloaded to the phone so unlike streaming maps, they’re available even when there’s no cell phone signal
Let Others Track Your Progress Online for Mutual Peace of Mind
- The inReach is equipped with a high-sensitivity GPS chipset, with accuracy to within 5 meters
- Your location displayed on DeLorme Topo North America maps, viewable online
- You choose the tracking intervals – as close together as 10 minutes or far apart as 4 hours
- inReach will report speed, heading, and elevation with each track or message that it transmits
The Right Communication Solution for Work and Play off the Cell Phone Grid
The DeLorme inReach is a ruggedized, waterproof communication lifeline for outdoors enthusiasts, expeditioners, or anyone working in remote locations.
It’s extremely well-suited for military applications and NGOs working in foreign lands, or involved in disaster relief, and it’s also ideal for on- and off-road travel, and small plane and glider aviation.
- For outdoor recreation
– Send updates to family and friends ("Running late, all’s well")
– Report your accomplishments in real time ("At the summit!")
– Share information with other inReach users in your party or around the world
– Get emergency assistance
– Add reliable communication to all your favorite activities
– Hiking and backpacking
– Boating and sailing, on inland waters or offshore
– Mountain biking
– Whitewater kayaking or rafting
– Hunting and fishing
- For expeditions
– Update your followers
– Stay in touch with your support team for weather updates, re-supplies, and course changes
– Communicate with rendezvous teams
– Get help in emergencies
- On the job
– At remote work sites
– Send mission-critical information to headquarters
– Receive instructions
– Enable remote tracking so management can tell where you are or where you’re headed
– For journalists
– Stay connected with editors
– Engage with your readers or audience when there’s no other way to communicate
– Send breaking news or updates via Twitter
– For military or NGOs
– Enable vital communication between command and control and tactical assets
– Support geo-fencing and multiple asset tracking
– Take advantage of an affordable consumer-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution that supports existing hardware platforms
- For on- and off-road vehicle travel in remote locations
– Get help in case of breakdowns
– Enjoy peace of mind traveling through sparsely- populated regions
– Stay connected when 4-wheeling and exploring with ATVs
- For small plane and glider aviation
– Enable remote tracking showing with altitude, speed and course (the altitude reporting in particular seems to be very popular)
– Stay connected from anywhere
– Request help in case of emergencies
- Iridium® is the world’s furthest-reaching satellite network
- The inReach incorporates Iridium’s new-generation 9602 short-burst data technology
- Iridium communication capabilities and earth coverage far surpass that of other satellite systems allowing two-way messaging, delivery confirmation, and pole-to-pole global connection
inReach Physical Attributes
- Dimensions: 3.36" H (4.78" including antenna); 2.94" W, 2" D
- Weight: 7.9 oz. without batteries
- Waterproof (IPX7) and buoyant (it floats)
- Impact-resistant (Mil STD 810F)
- SOS locking mechanism complies with RTCM SC-128 for SENDS; prevents false alarms and supports one handed gloved operation
- GPS chipset included
– For remote tracking, and embedding location coordinates for all sent messages
– Accuracy +/- 5 meters
- Uses two AA batteries
- Lithium batteries (included) are recommended; alkaline batteries are supported; rechargeable batteries are not supported
- Battery life:
– Testing parameters – sending one track point every 10 minutes
– Results – one set of lithium batteries lasted 7 days
– Your results will vary depending on how long you keep inReach turned on and how often you send and or receive messages
Operating System Support: Android OS
The DeLorme Earthmate application for Android users is available for free through the Android Marketplace
- Enables inReach Android functionality
- Lets users download DeLorme Topo North America maps at no charge
– Superior terrain, back road, and trail detail, plus places of interest
– Maps are downloaded to the phone so they’re available even when there’s no cell phone signal
- Non-inReach Android users may purchase DeLorme Topo North America maps by region
Even before the inReach was released, it received two prestigious awards at the 2011 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market trade show.
- Outside Magazine Gear of the Show
- GearJunkie.com Best of Show
Summer Market is the premier U.S. trade show for products aimed at activities such as hiking, backpacking, camping, mountain biking, climbing, and kayaking. Outside and GearJunkie.com are among the most influential voices in product evaluation for outdoor activities.
Iridium satellite service is delivered via one of three subscription plans:
- Basic Safety Plan – $9.95 per month
- Recreation Plan – $24.95 per month
- Expedition Plan – $49.95 per month
- One-time activation fee required
4. DeLorme Earthmate GPS Receiver (Serial Port Interface) (NOT USB)
DeLorme Earthmate GPS receiver and Street Atlas USA 6.0 software, you’ll never get lost again. (Serial Port Interface) (NOT USB)
5. GlobalSat MR-350P-S4-5Hz Serial GPS Receiver
MR-350P-S4-5Hz Bulkhead Mounting is a WAAS enabled Serial GPS receiver that features a highly sensitive, low power consumption chipset in a ultra compact form factor. The MR-350P-S4-5Hz is powered by a SiRF Star IV GPS chipset, and will provide you with superior performance in urban canyons, and in dense foliage. With the SiRF CGEE (Client Generated Extended Ephemeris) technology, has the capability of predicting satellite positions for up to 3 days in advance, and will deliver a CGEE-start time of less than 15 seconds under most conditions without any network assistance. The MR-350P-S4-5Hz’s Micro Power mode allows the receiver to stay in a hot start-like condition almost continuously while consuming very little power. Supports NMEA 0183 V3.0 (GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC) The MR-350P-S4-5Hz requires either the USB, or Serial RS232/PS2 cable sets to function (sold separately). The MR-350P-S4-5Hz outputs NMEA data 5 times a second (5Hz). The baud rate is 115200. Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OSX, Linux & Android. Requires NMEA compliant Navigation software (not included).
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Delorme Gps Laptop Receiver for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!